BD delivers a broad portfolio of products across the hospital continuum in the fight against AMD with the capabilities to prevent the spread of infections; surveillance systems to track, and report AMR outbreaks; and diagnostics to screen, test, and diagnose infections. These accurate and reproducible diagnostics can help identify CDC-and WHO identified antimicrobial- resistant threats and proved confidence in the appropriate antimicrobial agents 1,2,. Equipping laboratory personnel with the right microbiology tools will help improve efficiencies, quality, and time to accurate patient treatment 3-5
- Thomason K, Thomas G, Turner G, et al High Stringency Evaluation of BD Phoenix CPO Detect Test for Detection and Classification of Carbapenemase. Presented at: European Congress of Clincal Microbiology and Infectious Disease (ECCMID) Annual Meeting Vienna, Austria April 22025, 2017. Abstract 1075
- Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Antibiotic Resistance Threats in the United States, 201. Atlanta: CDC; 2013
- Junks AD, Arbefeville SS, Howard WJ, Richter SS. Comparison of BD phoenix AP workflow with Vitek 2. J Clin Microbiol. 201; 48:1929-1931
- Sellenriek P, Holmes J, Ferret R, et al. Comparison of MicroScan Walk-Away®, Phoenix™ and VITEK-TWO® Microbiology Systems used in the Identification and Susceptibility Testing of Bacteria Presented at 105th American Society for Microbiology; Washington, DC; 2005. Abstract C-203
- Perez KK, Olsen RJ, Musick WL, et al. Integrating rapid pathogen identification and antimicrobial stewardship significantly decreases hospital costs. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2013; 137:1247-1254.